We continue learning about the body parts and students are discovering all the possible movements each body part is capable of doing. Students will practice cardiovascular exercises through speed and agility drills. They will also work in stations to develop complementary skills of gross and fine motor. Students keep on building on their warm up routines with new yoga poses every day. This week we will play the Flamingo game in which kids are working and developing balance as they have fun pretending to stand still like flamingos.
5 Health Benefits of Exercise for Children:
1. Increases blood flow to all body tissues including the brain. Greater blood flow transports more oxygen and nutrients to the body’s cells.
2. Active children improve their body’s ability to absorb oxygen through exercise. They will feel more energized due to the increased oxygen in their body cells. Thus, more oxygen are converted into more energy.
3. Exercise also improves mental health. Studies show that those children who exercise regularly have improved memory, because of their enhanced and fast brain functioning.
4. A moderate and fun-oriented exercise literally burns off excess and harmful hormones; it also increases the release of the beneficial ones.
5. Studies also show that exercise decreases anxiety, reduces depression and it improves mood and the positive outlook of children. Most importantly, the quality of sleep is greatly improved.